Junction City Activities
National Biplane Fly-In
- A celebration of antique, vintage and modern biplanes! Freedom Field in Junction City is the best little airport in the Midwest with grass runways perfectly suited for biplanes and vintage aircraft. Whether you just want to watch the biplanes flying or take a ride with one of the pilots, you won’t want to miss this experience!
- Vendors, booths, and much, much more!
- Don’t miss the Pancake feed from 7:00 am until 10:00 am at the airport!
- Hours 7:00 am – dusk at Freeman Field 540 Airport Road. Cost; Individual $2.00, Family/Carload $5.00
- For more information www.nationalbiplaneflyin.com
Sites to see while in Junction City
- Geary County Historical Museum 6th & Adams
- US Cavalry Museum – Fort Riley
- Spring Valley School House – K-18 & Spring Valley Road
- Buffalo Soldier Memorial – 18th Street & Buffalo Soldier Drive
- Milford Nature Center – located below the dam at Milford Lake
- Milford Lake