Governor's Freedom Rally
Governor Sam Brownback invites you to join him for the Third Annual Governor’s Freedom Rally on Saturday, June 7, 2014 . You will join the Governor, Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism Secretary Robin Jennison and Kansas Department of Corrections Secretary Ray Roberts to benefit five worthy non-profit causes:
- Brothers in Blue Re-entry – helping inmates change and function as givers – not takers. This non-profit group provides programs that create productive citizens upon release from prison and has been proven to greatly reduce recidivism.
- Soldier and Family Assistance Center (SFAC), formerly called Wounded Warriors Fund – Serves as a “One Stop” center to provide a convenient, comfortable, inviting environment for wounded and ill soldiers and the family members.
- Army Community Service (ACS) – provides a wide variety of service for all Fort Riley soldiers and their families.
- Native Stone Scenic Byway – showcasing the beauty of limestone in the Flint Hills landscape and its use in stonework.
- Flint Hills National Scenic Byway – offers incredible views of the native grasses and flowers of the tallgrass prairie – one of the last remaining such landscapes left in America.
The Rally will take place in Heritage Park, Junction City. It will consist of a full day of festival-type activities, including a motorcycle tour of Fort Riley lead by Governor Brownback. More than 1,000 motorcyclists are expected to participate in this rally.